As explained in the Flixster Terms of Service, your use of Premium Content is subject to certain restrictions. These restrictions include the length of time you are entitled to access such Premium Content and the number and types of devices on which you are permitted to view such Premium Content.
These Usage Rules are subject to change from time to time.
Usage Rules for Purchased UltraVioletTM Premium Content
You acquire UltravioletTM Premium Content if you purchase videos from Flixster or the Flixster Collections software anytime on or after April 30, 2012, if you convert your DVD or Blu-rayTM using our Disc to Digital service, if you redeem a Digital Copy offer from Flixster or if you acquire certain promotional content from Flixster. Please note that additional Usage Rules may apply to Disc to Digital offers, promotional offers and Digital Copy offers, and will be specified as part of the terms presented with those offers.
You may only access UltraViolet Premium Content on authorized devices (please click here for a list of authorized devices). We may add more authorized devices in the future.
When you access UltraViolet Premium Content that you acquired from Flixster or Flixster Collections, you will be entitled to do the following:
- Stream each item of UltraViolet Premium Content (subject to the limitations described in the Flixster Terms of Service) through your Web browser, through tablets and smartphones that use the Apple iOS or Android operating systems and that support the Flixster mobile app, or supported GoogleTV devices using the Flixster app; and
- Download each video of UltraViolet Premium Content up to three (3) times to authorized devices, which may include PC or Mac computers using Flixster software or supported tablets and smartphones that use the Apple iOS or Android operating systems using the Flixster mobile app.
Please note that these Usage Rules do not apply to UltraViolet Premium Content acquired from other retailers or services, or to rentals from Flixster or Flixster Collections.
Rented Premium Content
When you rent Premium Content from Flixster or from within the Flixster Collections software, you must begin viewing your video within 30 days of your purchase. Once you begin playback of the video, you have 24 or 48 hours, depending upon the particular video, to complete the viewing, after which the rental will expire. You can watch the video as many times as you want during those 24 or 48 hours.
You will be entitled to access your rental the following ways until it expires:
If rented from Flixster:
- You may stream each video of Rented Premium Content on Flixster.com, on a Flixster mobile application for supported Android and Apple iOS devices, or to a PC or Mac computer using Flixster Desktop, available here.
- You may download each video of Rented Premium Content to one (1) PC or Mac computer using the Flixster Desktop software, available here. Once you download your rental, streaming will no longer be provided.
- Rentals from Flixster.com or other Flixster applications cannot be viewed on Flixster Collections.
If rented from Flixster Collections:
- You may stream each video of Rented Premium Content through Flixster Collections to one PC or Mac computer.
- You may download each video of Rented Premium Content to one (1) PC or Mac computer using the Flixster Collections software, available here. Once you download your rental, streaming will no longer be provided.
- Rentals from Flixster Collections cannot be viewed on Flixster.com or other Flixster applications.
Pre-UltraViolet Purchased Premium Content from Flixster Collections Software
If you purchased Premium Content from within the Flixster Collections software before April 30, 2012, you will be entitled to:
- Stream each video through Flixster Collections to a PC or Mac computer (subject to the limitations described in the Flixster Terms of Service). Other devices may be added as Authorized Devices in the future.
- Download each video of Purchased Premium Content up to four (4) times to a PC or Mac computer using the Flixster Collections software, available here. You may also download one additional copy of your Purchased Premium content (for a total of five (5) downloads), provided that the fifth download will disable your rights to stream your purchase.